Unified Government Hollywood Casino Fund
Keeping with the intent of Healthy Communities Wyandotte, the focus will be to fund programs that increase knowledge and action toward long-term changes that enable Wyandotte County community members to eat healthy food and be physically active. The selection committee is seeking applications that demonstrate cultural relevance, address opportunities to increase knowledge and improve the food environment or support active living through utilization of Wyandotte County’s environmental infrastructure.
- Application Available: Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Optional Grant Information Webinar: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 2:30 p.m. Central | Register for Webinar→
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 5:00 p.m. CST
- Notifications of award and decline sent in July.
Contact Information: Kelli Doyle, firstname.lastname@example.org/816.268.3203
Grants are made only to nonprofits that have current 501(c)(3) status. Requests for general operating support will only be considered if the funding will be used to significantly expand the services of organizations.
There is no restriction on minimum or maximum size of grant. In 2022, grants ranged from $1,000-$30,000 with the average amount granted at $9,300. The activities funded by the grants must be completed within one year.
The Unified Government Hollywood Casino Charitable Fund is limited to Wyandotte County. Specifically, organizations must clearly demonstrate that the clients/beneficiaries of the program are residents of Wyandotte County. Grantees will be required to report zip code data for program or service participants.
Areas of Interest:
Highest consideration will be given to programs and projects that accomplish the following.
- Leverage additional funding, both private and public.
- Align with the Board of Commissioners’ Strategic plan (i.e., Social Service and Healthy Community/Recreation goals and Healthy Communities Wyandotte improvement plan).
- Collaborate efforts among programs or providers.
- Demonstrate an effort to minimize duplication.
- Have clearly established measurable outcomes and the ability to monitor and report them.
- Reach at-risk or underserved populations.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive
- Debt retirement or operating deficits
- Direct support to individuals, including scholarships
- Lobbying activities, legislation-related activities or political campaigns
- Activities that specifically benefit the members of a veteran, fraternal, sectarian or religious group
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization's ability to provide and deliver services
- The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation will review all grant applications for eligibility and will submit the list of eligible applications to the Board of Commissioners.
- The Board of Commissioners will serve as the Selection Committee.
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will be provided with grant applications and reports from the previous years award if applicable.
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will designate in writing how they wish to allocate their share of the total funds.
- The final distribution of funds must be approved by majority vote of the Board of Commissioners at a Commission meeting.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.