Eastland Giving Circle Application
The Eastland Giving Circle (EGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a substantive impact to the eastern Jackson County, Missouri area through a yearly donation. The primary grant focus in 2023 is on organizations that help families that foster and/or adopt children in eastern Jackson County.
One organization will be awarded a grant by EGC through this annual application process. An organization may receive this grant once in a three-year period. Grant recipients will be announced in early November. Grants are made only to non-profit organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have an eastern Jackson County, Missouri presence or mailing address.
- Application Launch Date: July 6, 2023
- Application Deadline: September 6, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. CST.
- EGC Grant Committee selects finalists and members will vote online in October
- Decisions will be announced in early November
- Funds are presented to award recipient in November
If EGC has any questions regarding your proposal, a board member may contact you requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Contact Information: Karla Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastland Giving Circle Board Members:
Karla Williams, Robyn Mahoney, Jeannie Barnard, Cindy Sickendick, Carla Griffin, Kim Carlson, Laura Maxwell, Sara McCambridge, Beth O'Shaughnessy
A grant will be made in the amount of $30,000. EGC awards the entire amount to one organization for a special project. The grant applicant must apply for the full amount of the grant award.
Grants are made only to nonprofits that have current 501(c)(3) status.
Organizations must have an eastern Jackson County, Missouri presence or mailing address.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities
- Primary and secondary educational institutions
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Requests for general operating funds
This application requires applicants to answer narrative questions and:
- Upload a Project Budget for this request
- Upload your annual Organization Budget for the organization's current fiscal year
- Upload or enter a list of the organization's current Board of Directors
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.