Children's Services Fund of Jackson County Core Funding
Core Funding Opportunity:
An organization can choose to utilize Core Funding during either the Calendar Year (January 1 – December 31) or the Academic Year (July 1 – June 30). The process for applicants to receive Core Funding over two Academic Years July 1, 2024 through June 30, 2026 is below.
- Organizations may apply for up to two separate projects. Organizations currently receiving funding for one project may only apply for one additional project.
- Instead of a project limit cap, CSF will now consider investing up to $750,000 in a single organization. This can be done through a single request, or no more than two different requests in either funding cycle (calendar year or academic year). Individual projects are not bound by an award limit.
- Contracts will be awarded for two-year projects, dates July 1, 2024 through June 30, 2026.
- New this cycle:
- There is no longer a requirement of a “25% cash-match.”
- Applicants will self-select one outcome from within the Fund’s Community Impact Framework.
- In lieu of full applications, applicants will participate in an in-person presentation with CSF staff to discuss their proposed project. Selected applicants will receive additional instructions regarding these presentations.
- Letter of Intent Available: October 2, 2023. Letters of intent must be submitted online to be considered. Click the Apply button when available to begin. You may review the questions here prior to beginning the form.
- Letter of Intent Deadline: October 27, 2023 at 5:00 pm CST
- Invitations to Submit Full Application Supporting Documents: will be sent via email no later than 5:00 pm CST, December 4, 2023
- Full Application Supporting Documents Deadline: December 22, 2023 at 5:00 pm CST
- Core Funding Applicant Presentations: scheduled from February 5, 2024 through March 8, 2024
- Notification of funding decisions will occur on April 19, 2024
Awarded funds will be disbursed to agencies either monthly or quarterly, contingent on reimbursement type and timely submission of required reporting documents.
Contact Person: Children's Services Fund, 816.832.6340, email@example.com
Pursuant to RSMo 210.861, the Children's Services Fund of Jackson County is able to fund:
1. Up to 30 days of temporary shelter for abused, neglected, runaway, homeless or emotionally disturbed youth; respite care services; and services to unwed mothers.
2. Outpatient chemical dependency and psychiatric treatment programs:
- Counseling and related services as a part of transitional living programs.
- Home-based and community- based family intervention programs.
- Unmarried parent services; crisis intervention services, inclusive of telephone hotlines.
- And prevention programs, which promote healthy lifestyle among children and youth and strengthen families.
3. Individual, group, or family professional counseling and therapy services; psychological evaluations; and mental health screenings.
Areas of Interest:
Examples of services that could be funded through the Children's Services Fund of Jackson County include, but are not limited to:
- Temporary shelter for children and youth
- Counseling and in-home case management
- Parent education
- Family intervention programs
- Home-based family interventions
- Community-based family interventions
- Abuse prevention programming
Areas of Exclusion:
The following are ineligible costs and activities for the Children's Services Fund of Jackson County:
- Inpatient medical, psychiatric, and chemical dependency services.
- Transportation services.
- Capital campaigns, construction and building expenses.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.
Do not see an Apply button? You may not have administrator account privileges. Please check with your organization account's primary administrator to confirm your access. You may also contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452 for assistance.