Black Community Fund
Established as a fund at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation by the Hall Family Foundation in 1983, the Black Community Fund (BCF) has been investing in the African American community in Greater Kansas City for over 30 years. BCF grants provide support to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations focusing on enhancing the socio-economic aspects of the African American community in the Greater Kansas City area. The Black Community Fund became an affiliate of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in 2007.
- Application Launch Date: October 10, 2022
- Application Deadline: November 18, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. CST
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants usually range in size from $500 to $10,000. No organization may have more than one active grant or grant request with the Black Community Fund at any time. In general, the Black Community Fund will not be the sole or primary funder of a proposed project or organization.
Preference will be given to black led, black serving organizations.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Organizations that were awarded a grant within the 2022 calendar year
- Vision Workshop participants who received a grant beyond the $500 stipend
- Grants to endowments or to consultants who help prepare, create and build endowments
- Reduction or liquidation of existing debt
- Capital expenditures
- Scholarships or grants to individuals
- Annual appeals or fundraising drives, membership contributions and conference expenses
This application requires applicants to answer narrative questions and:
- Provide a Project Budget for this request
- Provide a list of the organization's current Board of Directors
All awarded projects are required to complete a final report. Report instructions will be sent to the applicant via email. Reports include narrative questions on the project and an itemized list of how grant funds were spent. Failure to complete the final report may impact future grant considerations. If you have questions about the completion of past reports for this opportunity, please contact the Grantmaking Services Team at 816.627.3452 or email@example.com.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.