American Century Investments Foundation
The American Century Investments Foundation, established in 2000, is overseen by a board of directors that sets guidelines and priorities for the Foundation and makes all grant decisions on behalf of the Foundation. Assistance in grants administration is provided to the Foundation by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Learn more about American Century Investments® and its other areas of community investments.
- Applications will be reviewed by the American Century Investments Foundation twice a year.
- Application Launch Date: February 1, 2023
- Application Deadlines: April 5 and October 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. CST
- Applicants will be notified of the board’s decisions in writing approximately eight weeks after the application deadline.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452
In general, grants range from $5,000 to $25,000.
The American Century Investments Foundation will consider making grants to support the general operations of 501(c)(3) public charities within the areas of interest listed below. The Foundation accepts applications twice per year; however, organizations are encouraged to apply once yearly.
Areas of Interest:
The Foundation prefers to grant money to organizations providing innovative opportunities that are sustainable and inspire growth in the communities where American Century Investments® employees live and work.
Preference will be given to organizations demonstrating strong leadership and successful programming where American Century Investments employees have significant and recurring involvement. Examples of employee involvement include:
- Serving on a board and/or committee
- Ongoing volunteer time
- Regular monetary donations
- Involvement by more than one employee
Areas of Exclusion:
- Special events
- Capital campaigns
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base in the community
- Social, labor, veterans, alumni or fraternal organizations
- Recreational sporting events or athletic teams
- Political causes, candidates or legislative lobbying efforts
- Past operating deficits, travel or conferences
Due to the nature of our business, American Century Investments® is unable to provide financial products or in-kind services directly to individual organizations.
This application requires applicants to answer narrative questions and:
- Upload a Project Budget for this request
- Upload your annual Organization Budget for the organization's current fiscal year
- Upload or enter a list of the organization's current Board of Directors
- Strongly recommend attachments include an organization audit and Form 990
All awarded projects are required to complete a final report. Report instructions will be sent to the applicant via email. Reports include narrative questions on the project and an itemized list of how grant funds were spent. Failure to complete the final report may impact future grant considerations. If you have questions about the completion of past reports for this opportunity, please contact the Grantmaking Services Team at 816.627.3452 or email@example.com.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.